June 16, 2013

In the Spotlight: Kira Baron Photography

I've come to that point in my life where my generation has finally ran out of reasons to go to school for "just one more year" and, instead, we find ourselves as successful doctors, architects, mothers, movie stars, musicians, and even entrepreneurs! I can't help but admire my friends who have had a dream and have chased after it.

My friend, Kira, is one of those people. I met Kira in 2003 when I was going to school in Oregon. She was a great gal to room with, and even though we've lived thousands of miles apart, somehow we have still been able to keep in touch. Last weekend Kira spent some time with us and, since she now runs her own photography business, wanted to photograph Andrew and I in our new home.

As a Thank You for a beautiful job, I'd like to share her talent with my readers. I've included a brief interview to help you get to know her too. Enjoy!

[As always, feel free to click on the image to make it larger.]










Hometown: Yakima, Washington

Why do you love photography? My favorite thing to photograph is weddings! I love that everyone is happy and looks awesome on a wedding day. I love using my creative eye to capture a special moment in time. 

Why did you aspire to have a photography business? I have always loved taking pictures. In 2008, a friend of mine asked me to photograph her wedding. This was crazy. I only had a Powershot camera! I borrowed a DSLR from my father-in-law and actually did pretty well for my first event. Other people saw the pictures, and I had a girl approach me and ask me to photograph her wedding too. I was blown away that people wanted to hire me but also very excited! My first year I ended up booking 19 weddings. It was great to build my portfolio and I learned a lot. After my second year, I was doing photography full time and was very glad to call it my career! My husband joined me in my third year and we are now a husband/wife photography team. I love working with my husband and shooting weddings, and I feel truly blessed!

What inspires you to continue? When our clients are excited about photos I feel inspired and excited to create something awesome for them. I love looking at magazines and other photography blogs to glean some new ideas. 

What is a typical day like for you? We have a wedding every Saturday all summer (sometimes two). During the week I edit pictures... like all day and night :)

What kind of camera do you prefer? We use a Canon 5D Mark III and Canon 5D Mark II. We use high end professional lenses and gear. 

To see more of Kira's work, go to:


xoxo
<< m >>



No comments:

Post a Comment